TUMERIC TEA – GOLDEN MILK
- 2 cups milk of choice such as almond pecan, coconut, or dairy, or use bone broth in place of the milk for a more hearty tea
- 1 tsp tumeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- pinch of ground black pepper
- tiny piece of fresh peeled ginger root or ¼ tsp ginger powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper optional
- 1 tsp raw honey or maple syrup or to taste optional
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Pour into a small saucepan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot, but not boiling.
- Drink immediately.
This may stain blenders and countertops. The color will eventually fade, but making a thick paste of baking soda and water and scrubbing the stain can help.
Recipe can be halved or doubled if needed.
Serving: 1/2 cup | Calories: 61kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.4g | Protein: 1.9g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Fiber: 1.9g | Sugar: 2.5g